he Labor Department on Thursday reported that the U.S. economy added 386,000 more jobs between April 2011 and March 2012 than previously reported. The revised data comes at an opportune time for President Obama, allowing him to claim that his administration oversaw a net gain of 125,000 jobs during his first term. When Obama was inaugurated in January 2009, the economy was shedding hundreds of thousands of jobs a month, creating an enormous hole that the labor market has struggled to fill.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week