he Labor Department on Thursday reported that the U.S. economy added 386,000 more jobs between April 2011 and March 2012 than previously reported. The revised data comes at an opportune time for President Obama, allowing him to claim that his administration oversaw a net gain of 125,000 jobs during his first term. When Obama was inaugurated in January 2009, the economy was shedding hundreds of thousands of jobs a month, creating an enormous hole that the labor market has struggled to fill.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week