illionaire investor George Soros on Thursday revealed that he is donating $1 million to a super PAC that supports the re-election of President Obama, a move that analysts say could encourage other wealthy Democrats to follow suit. The high-profile donation to Priorities USA Action is a rarity for Democrats, who are far behind their Republican counterparts in the super PAC race. Casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, for example, has claimed he would spend up to $100 million on efforts to unseat Obama.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week