Billionaire investor George Soros on Thursday revealed that he is donating $1 million to a super PAC that supports the re-election of President Obama, a move that analysts say could encourage other wealthy Democrats to follow suit. The high-profile donation to Priorities USA Action is a rarity for Democrats, who are far behind their Republican counterparts in the super PAC race. Casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, for example, has claimed he would spend up to $100 million on efforts to unseat Obama.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
Subscribe to the Week