Billionaire investor George Soros on Thursday revealed that he is donating $1 million to a super PAC that supports the re-election of President Obama, a move that analysts say could encourage other wealthy Democrats to follow suit. The high-profile donation to Priorities USA Action is a rarity for Democrats, who are far behind their Republican counterparts in the super PAC race. Casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, for example, has claimed he would spend up to $100 million on efforts to unseat Obama.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week