Billionaire investor George Soros on Thursday revealed that he is donating $1 million to a super PAC that supports the re-election of President Obama, a move that analysts say could encourage other wealthy Democrats to follow suit. The high-profile donation to Priorities USA Action is a rarity for Democrats, who are far behind their Republican counterparts in the super PAC race. Casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, for example, has claimed he would spend up to $100 million on efforts to unseat Obama.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week