Billionaire investor George Soros on Thursday revealed that he is donating $1 million to a super PAC that supports the re-election of President Obama, a move that analysts say could encourage other wealthy Democrats to follow suit. The high-profile donation to Priorities USA Action is a rarity for Democrats, who are far behind their Republican counterparts in the super PAC race. Casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, for example, has claimed he would spend up to $100 million on efforts to unseat Obama.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week