A gunman opened fire inside a Minneapolis sign-making company, Accent Signage Systems, Thursday, killing four people and wounding at least four others before turning the gun on himself. Someone in the office called 911 around 4:30 pm to report the shooting, and police swarmed the area, evacuating people from the business and nearby buildings. Police didn't release the names of any of the victims or the shooter, and offered no motive for the crime.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week