A gunman opened fire inside a Minneapolis sign-making company, Accent Signage Systems, Thursday, killing four people and wounding at least four others before turning the gun on himself. Someone in the office called 911 around 4:30 pm to report the shooting, and police swarmed the area, evacuating people from the business and nearby buildings. Police didn't release the names of any of the victims or the shooter, and offered no motive for the crime.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week