A gunman opened fire inside a Minneapolis sign-making company, Accent Signage Systems, Thursday, killing four people and wounding at least four others before turning the gun on himself. Someone in the office called 911 around 4:30 pm to report the shooting, and police swarmed the area, evacuating people from the business and nearby buildings. Police didn't release the names of any of the victims or the shooter, and offered no motive for the crime.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week