A gunman opened fire inside a Minneapolis sign-making company, Accent Signage Systems, Thursday, killing four people and wounding at least four others before turning the gun on himself. Someone in the office called 911 around 4:30 pm to report the shooting, and police swarmed the area, evacuating people from the business and nearby buildings. Police didn't release the names of any of the victims or the shooter, and offered no motive for the crime.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in November
Subscribe to the Week