A gunman opened fire inside a Minneapolis sign-making company, Accent Signage Systems, Thursday, killing four people and wounding at least four others before turning the gun on himself. Someone in the office called 911 around 4:30 pm to report the shooting, and police swarmed the area, evacuating people from the business and nearby buildings. Police didn't release the names of any of the victims or the shooter, and offered no motive for the crime.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week