truggling Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin is coming under the microscope again, this time for calling Democratic opponent Claire McCaskill unladylike. The Republican, already criticized for his puzzling statement about "legitimate rape," made the latest controversial remarks following a debate between the two candidates. "I think we have a very clear path to victory, and apparently Claire McCaskill thinks we do, too, because she was very aggressive at the debate, which was quite different than it was when she ran against Jim Talent," Akin said. "She had a confidence and was much more ladylike (in 2006), but in the debate on Friday she came out swinging, and I think that's because she feels threatened," he added.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- 'You and I' vs. 'You and me'
- The indignity of canine bath time
- How to dramatically improve your memory
Subscribe to the Week