ith five days left before the first presidential debate, the campaigns for Mitt Romney and President Obama are trying to lower expectations. Romney's senior adviser Beth Myers sent a memo to surrogates on Thursday, writing that President Obama will use his "ample rhetorical gifts" to attack Romney. She continued, "This will be the eighth one-on-one presidential debate of his political career. For Mitt Romney, it will be his first." Team Obama also tried to lower expectations by praising Romney as "quick, polished, and ready with a punchy attack." The debate will take place Oct. 3 at the University of Denver.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week