hina's Communist Party has expelled former official Bo Xilai for "taking huge bribes, for abuses related to the murder investigation against his wife, and for engaging in improper sexual relations with other women," according to state media. The party's national congress will also convene Nov. 8 to begin a "once-a-decade" leadership change to install a new generation of top officials. "Internal differences over how to handle the Bo case are widely believed to have delayed an announcement on when the leadership change would begin."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- The Black Death is back
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
Subscribe to the Week