hina's Communist Party has expelled former official Bo Xilai for "taking huge bribes, for abuses related to the murder investigation against his wife, and for engaging in improper sexual relations with other women," according to state media. The party's national congress will also convene Nov. 8 to begin a "once-a-decade" leadership change to install a new generation of top officials. "Internal differences over how to handle the Bo case are widely believed to have delayed an announcement on when the leadership change would begin."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week