hina's Communist Party has expelled former official Bo Xilai for "taking huge bribes, for abuses related to the murder investigation against his wife, and for engaging in improper sexual relations with other women," according to state media. The party's national congress will also convene Nov. 8 to begin a "once-a-decade" leadership change to install a new generation of top officials. "Internal differences over how to handle the Bo case are widely believed to have delayed an announcement on when the leadership change would begin."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
Subscribe to the Week