he man who committed suicide after a car chase in Phoenix that was aired live on Fox News was identified as 33-year-old Jordon Romero. He had stolen a car at gunpoint, and was then pursued by police before he abandoned the car and began making a run for it. Romero was wanted for violating his parole on a weapons conviction. He also had numerous other violent crimes on his rap sheet, said police. Fox News' Shepard Smith apologized for airing the suicide after the network came under fire for not cutting away from the footage fast enough.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week