he man who committed suicide after a car chase in Phoenix that was aired live on Fox News was identified as 33-year-old Jordon Romero. He had stolen a car at gunpoint, and was then pursued by police before he abandoned the car and began making a run for it. Romero was wanted for violating his parole on a weapons conviction. He also had numerous other violent crimes on his rap sheet, said police. Fox News' Shepard Smith apologized for airing the suicide after the network came under fire for not cutting away from the footage fast enough.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- Is the rent really too damn high?
Subscribe to the Week