The man who committed suicide after a car chase in Phoenix that was aired live on Fox News was identified as 33-year-old Jordon Romero. He had stolen a car at gunpoint, and was then pursued by police before he abandoned the car and began making a run for it. Romero was wanted for violating his parole on a weapons conviction. He also had numerous other violent crimes on his rap sheet, said police. Fox News' Shepard Smith apologized for airing the suicide after the network came under fire for not cutting away from the footage fast enough.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
Subscribe to the Week