The man who committed suicide after a car chase in Phoenix that was aired live on Fox News was identified as 33-year-old Jordon Romero. He had stolen a car at gunpoint, and was then pursued by police before he abandoned the car and began making a run for it. Romero was wanted for violating his parole on a weapons conviction. He also had numerous other violent crimes on his rap sheet, said police. Fox News' Shepard Smith apologized for airing the suicide after the network came under fire for not cutting away from the footage fast enough.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week