ith a 112-5 vote on Saturday, NFL referees ended their dispute with the league and approved an eight-year contract, before hustling off to get back to work in time for Sunday football games. The vote ended a labor spat that created three weeks of increasingly chaotic games run by replacement officials who drew widespread criticism for making a number of bad calls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week