ith a 112-5 vote on Saturday, NFL referees ended their dispute with the league and approved an eight-year contract, before hustling off to get back to work in time for Sunday football games. The vote ended a labor spat that created three weeks of increasingly chaotic games run by replacement officials who drew widespread criticism for making a number of bad calls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week