With a 112-5 vote on Saturday, NFL referees ended their dispute with the league and approved an eight-year contract, before hustling off to get back to work in time for Sunday football games. The vote ended a labor spat that created three weeks of increasingly chaotic games run by replacement officials who drew widespread criticism for making a number of bad calls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- Everything you need to master Chinese cooking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week