New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie appeared on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday and talked up Mitt Romney's chances at the first presidential debate, which will take place on Oct. 3. "This whole race is going to be turned upside down come Thursday morning," he said, praising the Republican presidential nominee's performance in the primary debates, and saying the debates will give the former Massachusetts governor the chance to speak without being "filtered" or "spun" by Romney's critics.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week