New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie appeared on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday and talked up Mitt Romney's chances at the first presidential debate, which will take place on Oct. 3. "This whole race is going to be turned upside down come Thursday morning," he said, praising the Republican presidential nominee's performance in the primary debates, and saying the debates will give the former Massachusetts governor the chance to speak without being "filtered" or "spun" by Romney's critics.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
Subscribe to the Week