New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie appeared on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday and talked up Mitt Romney's chances at the first presidential debate, which will take place on Oct. 3. "This whole race is going to be turned upside down come Thursday morning," he said, praising the Republican presidential nominee's performance in the primary debates, and saying the debates will give the former Massachusetts governor the chance to speak without being "filtered" or "spun" by Romney's critics.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week