ew Jersey Gov. Chris Christie appeared on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday and talked up Mitt Romney's chances at the first presidential debate, which will take place on Oct. 3. "This whole race is going to be turned upside down come Thursday morning," he said, praising the Republican presidential nominee's performance in the primary debates, and saying the debates will give the former Massachusetts governor the chance to speak without being "filtered" or "spun" by Romney's critics.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week