olitics and Hollywood had a strange run-in in New York City early Sunday, when actress Lindsay Lohan and Christian LaBella, a staffer for Rep. John Shimkus (R-Ill.), tussled over cell phone photos of Lohan. The actress and LaBella met at some trendy nightclubs, and Lohan invited him back to her room at the W Hotel at Union Square, along with some old friends. The trouble reportedly started when Lohan started looking through LaBella's phone and discovered photos of her from earlier in the night, which he had been emailing to friends. Lohan claims LaBella demanded the phone back, threw her on the bed, and after she and pal Claus Hjelmbak fled and ran into him in the stairwell, choked her from behind until Hjelmbak pulled him off. Police responded after Lohan pulled the fire alarm, and they arrested LaBella for assault. The charges were dropped, and he and Lohan are suing each other for harassment. Shimkus' office wants no part in LaBella's drama: "Obviously, the congressman does not condone his actions," his office said in a statement.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week