The majority of registered voters, by a 2-to-1 margin, think President Obama will win Wednesday's debate against challenger Mitt Romney, in addition to securing another term in the White House. According to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll, potential voters said Obama will outshine Romney in the debate, 56 percent to 29 percent. Those surveyed also said they think Obama will win re-election, 63 percent to 31 percent. The results come as both candidates try to tamp down debate expectations.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
Subscribe to the Week