It's back to work for the Supreme Court justices. The court goes back to session on Monday after summer recess. The justices will start their day by reexamining a lawsuit alleging complicity in acts of torture against Dutch oil company Shell in Nigeria. Big social issues are expected to be ruled on this year, including one about affirmative action at the University of Texas and possibly same-sex marriage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week