t's back to work for the Supreme Court justices. The court goes back to session on Monday after summer recess. The justices will start their day by reexamining a lawsuit alleging complicity in acts of torture against Dutch oil company Shell in Nigeria. Big social issues are expected to be ruled on this year, including one about affirmative action at the University of Texas and possibly same-sex marriage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week