It's back to work for the Supreme Court justices. The court goes back to session on Monday after summer recess. The justices will start their day by reexamining a lawsuit alleging complicity in acts of torture against Dutch oil company Shell in Nigeria. Big social issues are expected to be ruled on this year, including one about affirmative action at the University of Texas and possibly same-sex marriage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
Subscribe to the Week