t's back to work for the Supreme Court justices. The court goes back to session on Monday after summer recess. The justices will start their day by reexamining a lawsuit alleging complicity in acts of torture against Dutch oil company Shell in Nigeria. Big social issues are expected to be ruled on this year, including one about affirmative action at the University of Texas and possibly same-sex marriage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week