suicide bomber driving a motorcycle packed with explosives crashed his bike into a patrol of Afghan and international forces on Monday in Afghanistan, killing at least 14 people, including three NATO troops. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in text messages to the media that the group was responsible for the attack, which took place in the Khost province. The latest killings come on the heels of what's being described as an "insider" attack on Saturday, when five people were killed at a checkpoint in the Saidabad district.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week