A suicide bomber driving a motorcycle packed with explosives crashed his bike into a patrol of Afghan and international forces on Monday in Afghanistan, killing at least 14 people, including three NATO troops. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in text messages to the media that the group was responsible for the attack, which took place in the Khost province. The latest killings come on the heels of what's being described as an "insider" attack on Saturday, when five people were killed at a checkpoint in the Saidabad district.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
Subscribe to the Week