suicide bomber driving a motorcycle packed with explosives crashed his bike into a patrol of Afghan and international forces on Monday in Afghanistan, killing at least 14 people, including three NATO troops. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in text messages to the media that the group was responsible for the attack, which took place in the Khost province. The latest killings come on the heels of what's being described as an "insider" attack on Saturday, when five people were killed at a checkpoint in the Saidabad district.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Battle in a blizzard
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The secrets of happy families
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
Subscribe to the Week