suicide bomber driving a motorcycle packed with explosives crashed his bike into a patrol of Afghan and international forces on Monday in Afghanistan, killing at least 14 people, including three NATO troops. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in text messages to the media that the group was responsible for the attack, which took place in the Khost province. The latest killings come on the heels of what's being described as an "insider" attack on Saturday, when five people were killed at a checkpoint in the Saidabad district.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- Another Bitcoin exchange bites the dust
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week