Seth MacFarlane, the creator of Fox's hit animated series Family Guy, will host the 85th annual Academy Awards in February 2013, reports The Washington Post. Though his numerous animated series have been fixtures of Fox's Sunday night animation lineup for several years, MacFarlane's profile grew this summer when his first theatrical film, the R-rated comedy Ted, became a surprise critical and commercial hit. In September, MacFarlane also hosted the premiere episode of Saturday Night Live's 38th season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week