Seth MacFarlane, the creator of Fox's hit animated series Family Guy, will host the 85th annual Academy Awards in February 2013, reports The Washington Post. Though his numerous animated series have been fixtures of Fox's Sunday night animation lineup for several years, MacFarlane's profile grew this summer when his first theatrical film, the R-rated comedy Ted, became a surprise critical and commercial hit. In September, MacFarlane also hosted the premiere episode of Saturday Night Live's 38th season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week