Seth MacFarlane, the creator of Fox's hit animated series Family Guy, will host the 85th annual Academy Awards in February 2013, reports The Washington Post. Though his numerous animated series have been fixtures of Fox's Sunday night animation lineup for several years, MacFarlane's profile grew this summer when his first theatrical film, the R-rated comedy Ted, became a surprise critical and commercial hit. In September, MacFarlane also hosted the premiere episode of Saturday Night Live's 38th season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week