Seth MacFarlane, the creator of Fox's hit animated series Family Guy, will host the 85th annual Academy Awards in February 2013, reports The Washington Post. Though his numerous animated series have been fixtures of Fox's Sunday night animation lineup for several years, MacFarlane's profile grew this summer when his first theatrical film, the R-rated comedy Ted, became a surprise critical and commercial hit. In September, MacFarlane also hosted the premiere episode of Saturday Night Live's 38th season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week