Seth MacFarlane, the creator of Fox's hit animated series Family Guy, will host the 85th annual Academy Awards in February 2013, reports The Washington Post. Though his numerous animated series have been fixtures of Fox's Sunday night animation lineup for several years, MacFarlane's profile grew this summer when his first theatrical film, the R-rated comedy Ted, became a surprise critical and commercial hit. In September, MacFarlane also hosted the premiere episode of Saturday Night Live's 38th season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week