At least 36 people are dead and dozens wounded after a ferry carrying more than 120 partygoers on a company outing crashed with another boat just south of Hong Kong. One of the ferries was being used by Hong Kong Electric, where employees were going to watch fireworks in the city's Victoria Harbor to celebrate China's National Day. The other ferry was returning with passengers from Lamma Island. Survivors said that within 10 minutes of the crash, the ship had sunk.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week