t least 36 people are dead and dozens wounded after a ferry carrying more than 120 partygoers on a company outing crashed with another boat just south of Hong Kong. One of the ferries was being used by Hong Kong Electric, where employees were going to watch fireworks in the city's Victoria Harbor to celebrate China's National Day. The other ferry was returning with passengers from Lamma Island. Survivors said that within 10 minutes of the crash, the ship had sunk.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week