Mitt Romney: On the offensive in the intentionally muddied battle over who's doing the most damage to Medicare.
resident Obama and his Republican opponent Mitt Romney are feverishly preparing for Wednesday's first presidential debate in Denver. Obama has hunkered down with top advisers at a desert resort in Nevada. Meanwhile, Romney has been practicing with his debate team in Massachusetts, and is heading to Denver for a rally and more prep. With just five weeks left until Election Day, polls show Romney behind Obama in many critical swing states.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How any actor (even a really nice one) can play a truly evil villain like King Joffrey
Subscribe to the Week