Mitt Romney: On the offensive in the intentionally muddied battle over who's doing the most damage to Medicare.
President Obama and his Republican opponent Mitt Romney are feverishly preparing for Wednesday's first presidential debate in Denver. Obama has hunkered down with top advisers at a desert resort in Nevada. Meanwhile, Romney has been practicing with his debate team in Massachusetts, and is heading to Denver for a rally and more prep. With just five weeks left until Election Day, polls show Romney behind Obama in many critical swing states.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
- How to improve your workplace culture
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week