Mitt Romney: On the offensive in the intentionally muddied battle over who's doing the most damage to Medicare.
President Obama and his Republican opponent Mitt Romney are feverishly preparing for Wednesday's first presidential debate in Denver. Obama has hunkered down with top advisers at a desert resort in Nevada. Meanwhile, Romney has been practicing with his debate team in Massachusetts, and is heading to Denver for a rally and more prep. With just five weeks left until Election Day, polls show Romney behind Obama in many critical swing states.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week