ustralia's Great Barrier Reef, filled with diverse marine life, has lost more than half of its coral in the past 27 years according to a study by scientists from the Australian Institute of Marine Sciences and University of Wollongong. The researchers warn that the coral population could be halved again by 2022. The disappearance of the vital marine life is being attributed to storms, predatory star fish, and climate change.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week