ong Kong police arrested two captains and five crew members on Tuesday in connection with a ferry crash that left 38 people dead and more than 100 injured on Monday. The accident, which occurred after a boat chartered by the Hong Kong Electric Co. for an employee celebration collided with a ferry, is the worst maritime disaster in the territory in four decades. All the fatalities appeared to be from the chartered boat, while the ferry was able to sail back to port. The electric company's boat rapidly sank, and photos from the scene showed a Titanic-like image of just the vessel's bow sticking up vertically from the water.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week