ong Kong police arrested two captains and five crew members on Tuesday in connection with a ferry crash that left 38 people dead and more than 100 injured on Monday. The accident, which occurred after a boat chartered by the Hong Kong Electric Co. for an employee celebration collided with a ferry, is the worst maritime disaster in the territory in four decades. All the fatalities appeared to be from the chartered boat, while the ferry was able to sail back to port. The electric company's boat rapidly sank, and photos from the scene showed a Titanic-like image of just the vessel's bow sticking up vertically from the water.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Is it possible to live forever?
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
Subscribe to the Week