uring a shootout early Tuesday morning in an Naco, Ariz., a town near the Mexico border, one Border Patrol agent was killed and another was injured, according to federal authorities. The shooting occurred near a Border Patrol station that had recently been named in honor of Brian Terry, an agent whose 2010 murder was at the center of Operation Fast and Furious, the botched gun-running sting that earned Attorney General Eric Holder a vote of contempt from Republican members of Congress. The connection led some Republicans to try to tie the shootout to Operation Fast and Furious, although no details have been given about how the agent was killed or by whom.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How to flirt, according to science
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week