During a shootout early Tuesday morning in an Naco, Ariz., a town near the Mexico border, one Border Patrol agent was killed and another was injured, according to federal authorities. The shooting occurred near a Border Patrol station that had recently been named in honor of Brian Terry, an agent whose 2010 murder was at the center of Operation Fast and Furious, the botched gun-running sting that earned Attorney General Eric Holder a vote of contempt from Republican members of Congress. The connection led some Republicans to try to tie the shootout to Operation Fast and Furious, although no details have been given about how the agent was killed or by whom.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week