uring a shootout early Tuesday morning in an Naco, Ariz., a town near the Mexico border, one Border Patrol agent was killed and another was injured, according to federal authorities. The shooting occurred near a Border Patrol station that had recently been named in honor of Brian Terry, an agent whose 2010 murder was at the center of Operation Fast and Furious, the botched gun-running sting that earned Attorney General Eric Holder a vote of contempt from Republican members of Congress. The connection led some Republicans to try to tie the shootout to Operation Fast and Furious, although no details have been given about how the agent was killed or by whom.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week