uring a shootout early Tuesday morning in an Naco, Ariz., a town near the Mexico border, one Border Patrol agent was killed and another was injured, according to federal authorities. The shooting occurred near a Border Patrol station that had recently been named in honor of Brian Terry, an agent whose 2010 murder was at the center of Operation Fast and Furious, the botched gun-running sting that earned Attorney General Eric Holder a vote of contempt from Republican members of Congress. The connection led some Republicans to try to tie the shootout to Operation Fast and Furious, although no details have been given about how the agent was killed or by whom.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week