uring a shootout early Tuesday morning in an Naco, Ariz., a town near the Mexico border, one Border Patrol agent was killed and another was injured, according to federal authorities. The shooting occurred near a Border Patrol station that had recently been named in honor of Brian Terry, an agent whose 2010 murder was at the center of Operation Fast and Furious, the botched gun-running sting that earned Attorney General Eric Holder a vote of contempt from Republican members of Congress. The connection led some Republicans to try to tie the shootout to Operation Fast and Furious, although no details have been given about how the agent was killed or by whom.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
Subscribe to the Week