peaking at a campaign stop in Charlotte, N.C., on Tuesday, Vice President Joe Biden inadvertently put his foot in his mouth once again, this time while slamming Republican tax policies. Under a Romney-Ryan White House, Biden charged, taxes for the rich would be slashed, hurting an already-overburdened middle class. "This is deadly earnest," a fired-up Biden said. "How they can justify — how they can justify raising taxes on the middle class that's been buried the last four years. How in Lord's name can they justify raising their taxes with these tax cuts?" The big problem? "Barack Obama has been president the last four years, and Biden has been vice president," says Daniel Halper at The Weekly Standard.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week