et's get ready to rumble. President Obama and his Republican opponent Mitt Romney will face off Wednesday night at the first presidential debate in Denver, Colo. Politicos say Romney, who is slightly behind in the polls in critical swing states, needs a stellar performance if he wants to reverse the numbers. The debate, which is about domestic policy, will kickoff at 9 p.m. EDT. It will be moderated by PBS' Jim Lehrer, who will focus on a different topic for each of the six 15-minute segments in the 90-minute debate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week