Let's get ready to rumble. President Obama and his Republican opponent Mitt Romney will face off Wednesday night at the first presidential debate in Denver, Colo. Politicos say Romney, who is slightly behind in the polls in critical swing states, needs a stellar performance if he wants to reverse the numbers. The debate, which is about domestic policy, will kickoff at 9 p.m. EDT. It will be moderated by PBS' Jim Lehrer, who will focus on a different topic for each of the six 15-minute segments in the 90-minute debate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week