et's get ready to rumble. President Obama and his Republican opponent Mitt Romney will face off Wednesday night at the first presidential debate in Denver, Colo. Politicos say Romney, who is slightly behind in the polls in critical swing states, needs a stellar performance if he wants to reverse the numbers. The debate, which is about domestic policy, will kickoff at 9 p.m. EDT. It will be moderated by PBS' Jim Lehrer, who will focus on a different topic for each of the six 15-minute segments in the 90-minute debate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 18 books to read in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week