t least 27 people have been killed in the Syrian city of Aleppo, following a series of suicide bombings, according to a government official. The explosions rocked the main square in the government-controlled, commercial hub. There were few details about the blasts, but activists say they were likely the result of a car bomb. The siege on Aleppo is the latest in a string of attacks, as fighting intensifies between President Bashar al-Assad's forces and rebels trying to oust him.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The secrets of happy families
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 10, 2013
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- Jupiter Ascending: Watch the latest sci-fi trailer from the creators of The Matrix
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
Subscribe to the Week