ike McQueary, Penn State's former assistant football coach and key witness in the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse trial, filed a whistleblower lawsuit seeking $4 million in damages. McQueary testified that he caught Sandusky in a locker room with a young boy in 2001 and reported it to head coach Joe Paterno. When the charges were filed, however, McQueary was put on administrative leave without pay. The lawsuit says McQueary's "employment was terminated in a discriminatory fashion" and his reputation ruined.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- How Captain America won over China
- How to flirt, according to science
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week