ike McQueary, Penn State's former assistant football coach and key witness in the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse trial, filed a whistleblower lawsuit seeking $4 million in damages. McQueary testified that he caught Sandusky in a locker room with a young boy in 2001 and reported it to head coach Joe Paterno. When the charges were filed, however, McQueary was put on administrative leave without pay. The lawsuit says McQueary's "employment was terminated in a discriminatory fashion" and his reputation ruined.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
Subscribe to the Week