President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney are squaring off at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday at Colorado's University of Denver. For a primer on what's in store, check out our viewer's guide, or take a walk down memory lane to see how both Romney and Obama have fared in past debates. Leading up to tonight's debate, both sides have been trying to lower voters' expectations, and many pundits say that no matter how many zingers are thrown out, the debates won't actually decide the election. Still, the debate has high stakes, so be sure to tune in.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week