President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney are squaring off at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday at Colorado's University of Denver. For a primer on what's in store, check out our viewer's guide, or take a walk down memory lane to see how both Romney and Obama have fared in past debates. Leading up to tonight's debate, both sides have been trying to lower voters' expectations, and many pundits say that no matter how many zingers are thrown out, the debates won't actually decide the election. Still, the debate has high stakes, so be sure to tune in.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
Subscribe to the Week