he Washington Post on Wednesday reported that unsecured, sensitive documents had been left behind at the remains of the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, a full three weeks after the consulate was overrun by an angry mob. The Post said the documents — which contained information about weapons collection efforts and emergency protocols — were scattered about the floor and easily retrieved. The report could bolster criticism that the White House has bungled its handling of the Benghazi incident, which resulted in the death of Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens. Obama administration officials have given seemingly conflicting information about whether terrorists had been involved in Stevens' death, leading to accusations that the administration has been downplaying a terrorist attack.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week