itt Romney opened the presidential debate with a spirited attack on President Obama's handling of the economy and the deficit, prompting many commentators to observe that Romney looked the more prepared of the two candidates. Here, some thoughts from the media:
I think Obama should have practiced some zingers.— Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) October 4, 2012
Romney has been preparing for this debate since June. It shows.— Sam Youngman (@samyoungman) October 4, 2012
Mitt is totally alpha-rolling Obama right now.— Blake Hounshell (@blakehounshell) October 4, 2012
"You've been president four years." Mitt's zinger practice suddenly seeming a bit less ironic— AdamSerwer (@AdamSerwer) October 4, 2012
Obama doesn't know what he's here tonight to do. Romney does.— davidfrum (@davidfrum) October 4, 2012
So far Mitt has blatantly lied about his plans for taxes and Medicare, but he's sounded good doing it.— AdamSerwer (@AdamSerwer) October 4, 2012
Halfway through the debate Romney and his allies have to feel good. #debates— The Fix (@TheFix) October 4, 2012
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week