itt Romney opened the presidential debate Wednesday in Denver with a spirited attack on President Obama's handling of the economy and the deficit, prompting many commentators to observe that Romney looked the more prepared of the two candidates. Romney was often the aggressor throughout the debate, seizing control several times during the evening, and accusing Obama of poor stewardship of the economy over the last four years, and dishonesty on Wednesday night. At one point Romney looked at Obama and said, "Virtually everything he just said about my tax plan is inaccurate."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week