itt Romney opened the presidential debate Wednesday in Denver with a spirited attack on President Obama's handling of the economy and the deficit, prompting many commentators to observe that Romney looked the more prepared of the two candidates. Romney was often the aggressor throughout the debate, seizing control several times during the evening, and accusing Obama of poor stewardship of the economy over the last four years, and dishonesty on Wednesday night. At one point Romney looked at Obama and said, "Virtually everything he just said about my tax plan is inaccurate."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week