landslide in southwest China on Thursday buried 18 elementary school students studying during a public holiday to make up for classes canceled due to recent earthquakes. The landslide toppled Youfang Elementary School and hit two farmhouses in Zhenhe village, in the southwestern part of the country. The area was hit by an earthquake last month that killed 81 people.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week