landslide in southwest China on Thursday buried 18 elementary school students studying during a public holiday to make up for classes canceled due to recent earthquakes. The landslide toppled Youfang Elementary School and hit two farmhouses in Zhenhe village, in the southwestern part of the country. The area was hit by an earthquake last month that killed 81 people.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week