s the National Hockey League's lockout reaches its 18th consecutive day with no immediate resolution in sight, the league has announced that 82 regular-season games, which were originally scheduled to take place from Oct. 11 to Oct. 24, have been canceled. The NHL lockout is the result of an ongoing clash between NHL owners and players over revenue, contracts, and free agency. The latest dispute comes just seven years after the NHL's last lockout, which eventually resulted in the cancellation of an entire hockey season.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
Subscribe to the Week