itt Romney is admitting he was "completely wrong" when he described 47 percent of Americans as "victims" mooching off of the government. The Republican presidential candidate had previously argued that his remarks were "not elegantly stated." The shift comes after Romney's strong debate performance on Wednesday night. The GOPer changed his tune when asked by Fox News what he would have said if the remarks, which surfaced 17 days ago, had come up during the face-off. Romney said that sometimes while campaigning, thoughts don't come out right, but in this case, "I said something just completely wrong."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week