resident Obama's lead over GOP hopeful Mitt Romney has narrowed to two percentage points, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos poll released Friday. Obama's lackluster debate performance is being blamed for the narrowing gap. Obama leads Romney 46 percent to 44 percent — and just two days ago, that lead was six points. Still, it remains to be seen if the debate fallout will have long-term effects on Obama's re-election prospects, as he has two more chances to redeem himself at debates on Oct. 16 and 22.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week