resident Obama's lead over GOP hopeful Mitt Romney has narrowed to two percentage points, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos poll released Friday. Obama's lackluster debate performance is being blamed for the narrowing gap. Obama leads Romney 46 percent to 44 percent — and just two days ago, that lead was six points. Still, it remains to be seen if the debate fallout will have long-term effects on Obama's re-election prospects, as he has two more chances to redeem himself at debates on Oct. 16 and 22.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week