ttention American Airlines frequent flyers: Your coffee and soda spills are apparently what's causing seats on the airlines' planes to come loose mid-flight. On Friday, a spokeswoman for American said that spilled liquids have "gunked up" the seat locking mechanism on some of its 757s. In the past two weeks, seats on at least three American flights have come loose, causing two flights to be diverted, and dozens of flights to be canceled.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week