ttention American Airlines frequent flyers: Your coffee and soda spills are apparently what's causing seats on the airlines' planes to come loose mid-flight. On Friday, a spokeswoman for American said that spilled liquids have "gunked up" the seat locking mechanism on some of its 757s. In the past two weeks, seats on at least three American flights have come loose, causing two flights to be diverted, and dozens of flights to be canceled.
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
Subscribe to the Week