On Friday, an internet rumor suggested that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney snuck notes into his first debate with President Obama on Wednesday. A video circulated showing Romney removing what appeared to either be a piece of note paper or a napkin from his pocket and placing it on his podium at the start of the debate. Romney's campaign refuted the claim, saying that it was a handkerchief that Romney was using to dab sweat from his face.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week