On Friday, an internet rumor suggested that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney snuck notes into his first debate with President Obama on Wednesday. A video circulated showing Romney removing what appeared to either be a piece of note paper or a napkin from his pocket and placing it on his podium at the start of the debate. Romney's campaign refuted the claim, saying that it was a handkerchief that Romney was using to dab sweat from his face.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week