On Friday, an internet rumor suggested that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney snuck notes into his first debate with President Obama on Wednesday. A video circulated showing Romney removing what appeared to either be a piece of note paper or a napkin from his pocket and placing it on his podium at the start of the debate. Romney's campaign refuted the claim, saying that it was a handkerchief that Romney was using to dab sweat from his face.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Terrorists are threatening to attack movie theaters showing The Interview. You should go see it anyway.
Subscribe to the Week