he Obama administration and the Democratic National Committee raised $181 million in September, falling just shy of the all-time monthly record of $193 million, which was set by Obama in September 2008, but easily eclipsing the August total of $114 million. The re-election campaign is on track to raise $1 billion for the 2012 election. Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus called the number "impressive," saying he wasn't sure if the GOP would be able to match it. Still, Priebus said, "We will have all the money we need to be competitive."
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Battle in a blizzard
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week