Fox News host Bill O'Reilly squared off against Comedy Central host Jon Stewart (pictured) in a televised debate on cable on Saturday. The event, titled "The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium," had the two ideologically opponents square off on everything from entitlements to the economy. Stewart, the host of The Daily Show, argued that many on the Right live in an "alternate reality." O'Reilly accused Stewart of defending an addled, entitlement-laden society.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week