Fox News host Bill O'Reilly squared off against Comedy Central host Jon Stewart (pictured) in a televised debate on cable on Saturday. The event, titled "The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium," had the two ideologically opponents square off on everything from entitlements to the economy. Stewart, the host of The Daily Show, argued that many on the Right live in an "alternate reality." O'Reilly accused Stewart of defending an addled, entitlement-laden society.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why the rise of cosplay is a bad sign for the U.S. economy
Subscribe to the Week