ealth officials in 23 states are trying to find patients who, to treat back pain, were given steroid injections that may have been contaminated with a deadly fungus-related meningitis. Seven people have already died as a result of the outbreak, and at least 64 have fallen ill in nine states. The drug was manufactured by a specialty pharmacy, New England Compounding Center of Framingham, Mass., which last week voluntarily recalled three lots of the steroid.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- How Captain America won over China
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week