alifornia Gov. Jerry Brown took emergency action on Sunday to try to bring record gas prices down in his state. The Democrat directed the California Air Resources Board to boost the fuel supply by allowing the immediate sale and import of cheaper and more available winter-blend gasoline, which typically isn't sold until November. The move is expected to reduce the prices of gas in the state by 15 to 20 cents per gallon. The state-wide average price per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline was $4.66 on Sunday.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
Subscribe to the Week