alifornia Gov. Jerry Brown took emergency action on Sunday to try to bring record gas prices down in his state. The Democrat directed the California Air Resources Board to boost the fuel supply by allowing the immediate sale and import of cheaper and more available winter-blend gasoline, which typically isn't sold until November. The move is expected to reduce the prices of gas in the state by 15 to 20 cents per gallon. The state-wide average price per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline was $4.66 on Sunday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week