After 30 years of marriage, and 42 years together, actors Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are separating. The Hollywood power couple met in 1970, starred together in the hit TV show Taxi, and share ownership of the production company behind films like Pulp Fiction and Erin Brockovich. DeVito, 67, has one Emmy and a handful of directing credits to his name, while Perlman, 64, won four Emmys for her role as Carla in Cheers. They have three adult children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week