After 30 years of marriage, and 42 years together, actors Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are separating. The Hollywood power couple met in 1970, starred together in the hit TV show Taxi, and share ownership of the production company behind films like Pulp Fiction and Erin Brockovich. DeVito, 67, has one Emmy and a handful of directing credits to his name, while Perlman, 64, won four Emmys for her role as Carla in Cheers. They have three adult children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week