After 30 years of marriage, and 42 years together, actors Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are separating. The Hollywood power couple met in 1970, starred together in the hit TV show Taxi, and share ownership of the production company behind films like Pulp Fiction and Erin Brockovich. DeVito, 67, has one Emmy and a handful of directing credits to his name, while Perlman, 64, won four Emmys for her role as Carla in Cheers. They have three adult children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week