After 30 years of marriage, and 42 years together, actors Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are separating. The Hollywood power couple met in 1970, starred together in the hit TV show Taxi, and share ownership of the production company behind films like Pulp Fiction and Erin Brockovich. DeVito, 67, has one Emmy and a handful of directing credits to his name, while Perlman, 64, won four Emmys for her role as Carla in Cheers. They have three adult children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week