Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted on 45 counts of child molestation in June, will be sentenced Tuesday. The disgraced 68-year-old maintained his innocence and criticized prosecutors, the media, and Penn State in a taped jailhouse statement he released Monday. He asked people with "the courage to listen" to "evaluate the accusers and their families." Experts say the sentence will likely put Sandusky behind bars for the rest of his life.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
When Americans banned Christmas
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week