Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted on 45 counts of child molestation in June, will be sentenced Tuesday. The disgraced 68-year-old maintained his innocence and criticized prosecutors, the media, and Penn State in a taped jailhouse statement he released Monday. He asked people with "the courage to listen" to "evaluate the accusers and their families." Experts say the sentence will likely put Sandusky behind bars for the rest of his life.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week