Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted on 45 counts of child molestation in June, will be sentenced Tuesday. The disgraced 68-year-old maintained his innocence and criticized prosecutors, the media, and Penn State in a taped jailhouse statement he released Monday. He asked people with "the courage to listen" to "evaluate the accusers and their families." Experts say the sentence will likely put Sandusky behind bars for the rest of his life.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Singapore's ruling party runs into trouble
Subscribe to the Week