ormer Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted on 45 counts of child molestation in June, will be sentenced Tuesday. The disgraced 68-year-old maintained his innocence and criticized prosecutors, the media, and Penn State in a taped jailhouse statement he released Monday. He asked people with "the courage to listen" to "evaluate the accusers and their families." Experts say the sentence will likely put Sandusky behind bars for the rest of his life.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week