Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted on 45 counts of child molestation in June, was sentenced to 30-60 years in prison on Tuesday. Given his age, the sentence effectively puts the disgraced 68-year-old behind bars for the rest of his life. In a taped jailhouse statement released Monday, Sandusky maintained his innocence and criticized prosecutors, the media, and Penn State. His lawyers say they plan to appeal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week