Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted on 45 counts of child molestation in June, was sentenced to 30-60 years in prison on Tuesday. Given his age, the sentence effectively puts the disgraced 68-year-old behind bars for the rest of his life. In a taped jailhouse statement released Monday, Sandusky maintained his innocence and criticized prosecutors, the media, and Penn State. His lawyers say they plan to appeal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
Subscribe to the Week