Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted on 45 counts of child molestation in June, was sentenced to 30-60 years in prison on Tuesday. Given his age, the sentence effectively puts the disgraced 68-year-old behind bars for the rest of his life. In a taped jailhouse statement released Monday, Sandusky maintained his innocence and criticized prosecutors, the media, and Penn State. His lawyers say they plan to appeal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Is Amazon a monopoly?
Subscribe to the Week