oyota Motor Corp. announced a massive recall of more than 7 million cars on Wednesday due to malfunctioning power window switches that could pose a fire risk. The recall affects nearly 2.5 million vehicles in the U.S. The recall is on a variety of models over multiple years, including the Yaris, Corolla, and Camry. No accidents, injuries, or deaths have been reported and the windows can be fixed in about 40 minutes, said the Japanese company.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
Subscribe to the Week