our more deaths are being attributed to an outbreak of meningitis linked to contaminated steroid shots, bringing the number killed in the U.S. to 12. Lawmakers are calling for stricter regulation of pharmaceutical companies. The number of those infected has climbed to 121, and health officials say as many as 13,000 received the tainted injections. The Massachusetts company that produced the steroid has closed voluntarily and has recalled its product.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Easter's deadly Ukrainian checkpoint battle makes no sense
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week