our more deaths are being attributed to an outbreak of meningitis linked to contaminated steroid shots, bringing the number killed in the U.S. to 12. Lawmakers are calling for stricter regulation of pharmaceutical companies. The number of those infected has climbed to 121, and health officials say as many as 13,000 received the tainted injections. The Massachusetts company that produced the steroid has closed voluntarily and has recalled its product.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 13 countries where gay marriage is legal [Updated]
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
Subscribe to the Week