President Obama on Wednesday attributed his lackluster performance at the first presidential debate to being "too polite" to GOP candidate Mitt Romney. In an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show, Obama said, "I think it's fair to say that we will see a little more activity at the next [debate]." He also reassured supporters that he would be able to bounce back from what was widely considered to be a defeat. "The good news is," he said, "is that's just the first one." There are two more presidential debates before Election Day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week