President Obama on Wednesday attributed his lackluster performance at the first presidential debate to being "too polite" to GOP candidate Mitt Romney. In an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show, Obama said, "I think it's fair to say that we will see a little more activity at the next [debate]." He also reassured supporters that he would be able to bounce back from what was widely considered to be a defeat. "The good news is," he said, "is that's just the first one." There are two more presidential debates before Election Day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be optimistic, according to science
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
Subscribe to the Week