President Obama on Wednesday attributed his lackluster performance at the first presidential debate to being "too polite" to GOP candidate Mitt Romney. In an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show, Obama said, "I think it's fair to say that we will see a little more activity at the next [debate]." He also reassured supporters that he would be able to bounce back from what was widely considered to be a defeat. "The good news is," he said, "is that's just the first one." There are two more presidential debates before Election Day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week