President Obama on Wednesday attributed his lackluster performance at the first presidential debate to being "too polite" to GOP candidate Mitt Romney. In an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show, Obama said, "I think it's fair to say that we will see a little more activity at the next [debate]." He also reassured supporters that he would be able to bounce back from what was widely considered to be a defeat. "The good news is," he said, "is that's just the first one." There are two more presidential debates before Election Day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
Subscribe to the Week