It's game day for Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) The two will debate each other in the first and only vice presidential debate in Danville, Ky., on Thursday night. The face-off is seen as crucial for the Democrats following President Obama's poor debate performance last week. Ryan is forecasted to win in three polls, by a margin of 55 percent to 39 percent (CNN/ORC International), 46 percent to 30 percent (Zogby), or 40 percent to 34 percent (Pew).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- In defense of Obama's golfing
Subscribe to the Week