A gunman opened fire and killed the Yemeni chief of security at the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa on Thursday. Officials said Qassem Aqlani was on his way to work when he was assassinated by a gunman on a motorcycle. The shooter fled the scene and has not been identified or apprehended. Aqlani was in his 50s and had been working for the U.S. Embassy for nearly two decades.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week