gunman opened fire and killed the Yemeni chief of security at the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa on Thursday. Officials said Qassem Aqlani was on his way to work when he was assassinated by a gunman on a motorcycle. The shooter fled the scene and has not been identified or apprehended. Aqlani was in his 50s and had been working for the U.S. Embassy for nearly two decades.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week