gunman opened fire and killed the Yemeni chief of security at the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa on Thursday. Officials said Qassem Aqlani was on his way to work when he was assassinated by a gunman on a motorcycle. The shooter fled the scene and has not been identified or apprehended. Aqlani was in his 50s and had been working for the U.S. Embassy for nearly two decades.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- Nelson Mandela dead at 95
Subscribe to the Week