In a sign that the economy is slowly recovering, U.S. foreclosure filings have hit a five-year-low in September. According to foreclosure listing firm RealtyTrac Inc., foreclosures fell 7 percent from August and 16 percent from September of last year. There were 180,427 filings reported for September.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week