In a sign that the economy is slowly recovering, U.S. foreclosure filings have hit a five-year-low in September. According to foreclosure listing firm RealtyTrac Inc., foreclosures fell 7 percent from August and 16 percent from September of last year. There were 180,427 filings reported for September.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week