It's not a good time for the personal computer business. Sales of PCs have plummeted as consumers are purchasing more and more tablets amid a lethargic economy. According to a new report, PC shipments in the third quarter fell more than 8 percent in a year, the biggest drop since 2001. Microsoft is hoping to boost PC sales when it releases a new version of Windows later this month.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week