It's not a good time for the personal computer business. Sales of PCs have plummeted as consumers are purchasing more and more tablets amid a lethargic economy. According to a new report, PC shipments in the third quarter fell more than 8 percent in a year, the biggest drop since 2001. Microsoft is hoping to boost PC sales when it releases a new version of Windows later this month.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week