t's not a good time for the personal computer business. Sales of PCs have plummeted as consumers are purchasing more and more tablets amid a lethargic economy. According to a new report, PC shipments in the third quarter fell more than 8 percent in a year, the biggest drop since 2001. Microsoft is hoping to boost PC sales when it releases a new version of Windows later this month.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- That 'world's toughest job' ad is actually full of horrible lessons on motherhood
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week