t's not a good time for the personal computer business. Sales of PCs have plummeted as consumers are purchasing more and more tablets amid a lethargic economy. According to a new report, PC shipments in the third quarter fell more than 8 percent in a year, the biggest drop since 2001. Microsoft is hoping to boost PC sales when it releases a new version of Windows later this month.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
Subscribe to the Week