urkish jets on Wednesday forced a Syrian passenger plane to land in Ankara on suspicion the aircraft might be carrying weapons. Tensions have been heating up between the two countries since five Turkish civilians were killed by Syrian shelling last week, prompting Turkey to fire into Syria. According to reports, military communication devices were confiscated before the plane was allowed to take off hours later
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week