t a campaign rally in Florida, President Obama mocked Mitt Romney's recent attempts to adopt a more moderate position on a range of issues. "He's trying to go through an extreme makeover," Obama said. "After running for more than a year in which he called himself severely conservative, Mitt Romney's trying to convince you that he was severely kidding." Since the first presidential debate, when Romney surprised the Obama campaign by taking more moderate stances on health care, tax reform, and financial regulation, the Obama campaign has been hounding the GOP candidate for flip-flopping. However, the strategy appears to be working for Romney, with polls showing the race tightening in battleground states.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week