t a campaign rally in Florida, President Obama mocked Mitt Romney's recent attempts to adopt a more moderate position on a range of issues. "He's trying to go through an extreme makeover," Obama said. "After running for more than a year in which he called himself severely conservative, Mitt Romney's trying to convince you that he was severely kidding." Since the first presidential debate, when Romney surprised the Obama campaign by taking more moderate stances on health care, tax reform, and financial regulation, the Obama campaign has been hounding the GOP candidate for flip-flopping. However, the strategy appears to be working for Romney, with polls showing the race tightening in battleground states.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- TIME chose Pope Francis as its Person of the Year. And it was the perfect choice for the Upworthy era.
Subscribe to the Week