here has been a steady decline in the rate of child marriages among young girls in India, according to a new report by the United Nations. The rate of child marriage among girls under 15 is slowing down at more than twice the rate of girls under 18. The report, however, insists the progress is not enough to sufficiently guarantee the girls' right to education and self determination.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
- The FDA just approved a high-tech tiara to prevent migraines, without drugs
Subscribe to the Week