There has been a steady decline in the rate of child marriages among young girls in India, according to a new report by the United Nations. The rate of child marriage among girls under 15 is slowing down at more than twice the rate of girls under 18. The report, however, insists the progress is not enough to sufficiently guarantee the girls' right to education and self determination.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- America's most surprising banned books
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week